Housekeeper Position Details:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Launder incoming resident clothing & staff reusable personal protective equipment (PPE) using proper chemicals & temperatures
- Ensure each shift is appropriately stocked with clean & sanitized reusable PPE
- Wash towels, mop heads, and other items needed to keep campus clean
- Maintain a clean working environment
- Clean and sanitize all assigned areas
- Trash removal in all assigned areas
- Assist with filling supply orders for each department/unit as needed
- Maintain supplies in all maintenance closets per area as necessary to accomplish assigned work
- Enter work orders to notify maintenance when repairs or tasks are needed
- Assist other housekeeping staff with cleaning, based on the needs of the facility
- Complete work orders and other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to accept and understand directions
- Must be able to use cleaning equipment such as washer, dryer, vacuum, broom, mop, etc.
- This position requires the proper use of cleaning chemicals
- Physically able to bend and lift heavy objects like boxes of stock, etc.
- High School/GED or equivalent work experience.
Must possess the following characteristics:
- to forge mutually respectful partnership with persons and families served to help clients gain skills and confidence
- Focuses on strengths of client/family
- Conviction about the capacity of persons to grow and change
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Able to maintain appropriate boundaries and set limits in working with clients
- Must be able to recognize and effectively respond to cultural differences of clients
- Able to work hours needed to accomplish assigned tasks, to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- May be required to work outside during inclement weather to assist with snow and ice; or make the facility safe to reduce the risk of danger or damage to the facility or injury to the residents
- LCFS is a secure locked residential treatment facility. Safety and awareness at all times is of the utmost importance.